Geo Studio 2018 will install side-by-side with any other Geo Studio versions you already have installed.
The major new features include: Improved multi-physics capabilities • A new rigorous finite element solver used by SEEP/W, TEMP/W, AIR/W and CTRAN/W features new multi-physics capabilities and faster solve times.
• Default display units can be selected for individual or groups of parameters.
• When a value with units is entered for a parameter into any edit control, the number is converted to the selected units for the parameter.
• In TEMP/W, the Surface Energy Balance boundary condition simulates energy exchange over the ground surface.
• Boundary conditions can be used together to simulate coupled hydraulic and thermal responses of the ground profile to atmospheric conditions.
This allows for easy selection of data files containing field measurements (e.g., from weather stations), including column selection and unit conversion.
New Plan View definition • Plan view now supports a variable aquifer thickness using spatial functions, allowing for new types of plan view problems to be analyzed.
Comprehensive unit conversion and support • Geo Studio now offers considerable flexibility for selecting units for input and display.
• version 8.16.3 - June 6, 2017 - minor update to fix a few specific issues.
Please note that this release requires the latest network license server (geoslope-lmadmin version 9.0.0 or later), and that it drops support for Windows XP and Windows Vista. • version 8.16.4 - July 25, 2017 - These additional changes were made in version 8.16.4.